Hoover & Strong is in full compliance with the USA Patriot Act and its Anti Money Laundering provision. Hoover & Strong does not sell to the general public. You will be asked to provide a government issued identification number such as your Federal Tax ID #, Social Security #, state issued driver’s license, passport, or state issued ID card. All information submitted will be held in strict confidence. This is for the protection of Hoover & Strong as well as our customers.
We collect Virginia state sales tax on all Virginia businesses. For exemption, we must have a Virginia Tax Exempt Form (Form ST-11) on file. A copy of the Virginia Tax Exempt Form can be found here.
We offer several payment options. Regardless of which method you choose, name or address change requests must be submitted to us in writing, on your company letterhead or via email.
We accept VISA®, MasterCard®, American Express or Discover. We will ship to your credit card’s billing address only, for new accounts. This address will be verified with the credit card provider. Your credit card will be charged at time of order shipment.
Credit cards are not accepted for 24K grain or bullion on new accounts. These products must be paid in advance by wire transfer. We do not accept credit card payment for Net 30 invoices.
Net 30 terms are available to those customers that are top rated with Dun & Bradstreet or The Jewelers Board of Trade. Customers that are not rated with either but have substantial credit information and trade references will be considered for credit. You may complete a credit application on our website.
Invoices accompany each shipment with payment due 30 days from invoice date. Invoices not paid within 30 days are subject to a finance charge of 1% per month (12% APR). An account summary is shown on every invoice and statements are available by email, upon request.
Credit applications can be downloaded from our website or completed using our online form. If downloading the form, please return by fax to 800-616-9997 or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify you by mail when our credit process is complete and ask that you allow three business days for processing.
Payments - We use our bank's processing facility to expedite your payments.
EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 7, 2021:
Please send your payment to this address if using Standard Mail:
Hoover & Strong, Inc.
P.O. Box 712636
Philadelphia, PA 19171-2636
If using FedEx, UPS, Priority or Express Mail, please send your payment to this address:
Hoover & Strong, Inc.
10700 Trade Road
N. Chesterfield, Virginia 23236
Refining or Cash Discount
We offer a 1% discount for select products when the invoice is prepaid or when ordering against a refining credit. Just call in your order and we will give you the dollar amount to send. We will process your order as soon as the payment arrives.
We will hold prices for three business days. Pool accounts are available for volume mill and jewelry customers only. There is a 200 dwt (10 oz) minimum for these transactions, except refining deposits. Call for details.
COD shipping is available via Federal Express or 1st Class Mail. New accounts may pay by company check up to $1,000 with amounts over this requiring payment by Cashier Check or money order.
There is a $30 fee for returned checks. 24K grain or bullion cannot ship COD for new customers. This product must be prepaid by wire transfer.
We welcome business from around the world, and will do everything possible to provide you with prompt service and the best method of shipment. Hoover will ship up to $25,000 per package per day to our international customers.
Orders will be delivered via FED EX international or you may contact us for other shipping options. We accept international wire transfer or credit cards for payment.
All orders to be paid by wire transfer are assessed a $25 wire transfer fee. Freight charges are dependent upon actual weight of package. Be advised that we may not be able to ship to all countries.
PLACING AN ORDER:
- Toll Free: 800.759.9997
- Local: 804.794.3700
- International: 01.804.794.3700
- Fax Orders: 800.616.9997 or 804.794.5687
- E-mail: email@example.com
- You do not need to have an account number as we use your business name and phone number when you call to place an order.
- Please have style number and all size information.
- Specify desired shipping option.
- As an alternative to phone orders, you can place your order online.
- Backorders – Hoover & Strong makes every effort to maintain stock of all styles offered, this may not always be possible due to manufacturing issues. In the event that we are unable to satisfy an order immediately due to lack of stock, we will make every attempt to ship as soon as possible. Backorders under $100 ship USPS at no charge.
MADE TO ORDER ITEMS:
- Merchandise altered at the customer’s request. (i.e., annealed, drawn hard, customer karat stamp etc.)
- Any product made to a customer’s specifications. (i.e., solitaires not in catalog, size change on bands, etc.)
- Special order merchandise made per the customer’s direction. Therefore, it is NON-returnable, NON-cancelable and NON-refundable. There are no exceptions made to this policy.
- Special order delivery times can range between 5 days and 20 business days. Your account representative can advise you of the expected delivery time. As always, the times provided are estimates and can’t be guaranteed.
- Made to Order product (i.e., Flat Sheet, Circles, Washers, Charms, Seamless Ring Blanks etc.)
- Stone-set pieces
- Metals manufactured other than stock metals listed.
- If tooling is necessary, additional delivery time is needed.