Preparing Your Shipment
The majority of our shipments are received through the post office by registered or insured mail. UPS or Motor Freight are used to ship the larger refining shipments such as floorsweeps and polishing dust.
We encourage you to RECYCLE our product boxes (shown at top right) when you send us your scrap.
We also have FREE trash can size boxes available for your polishings and sweeps. Just call 800-759-9997 and ask for a small or large size sweeps box shown in photo at right.
Box Dimensions in Inches:
Large Box: 31 x 16 x 16 (holds up to 60 lbs of sweeps)
Small Box: 18 x 10 x 10 (holds up to 15 lbs of sweeps)
These heavy-duty boxes come with plastic liners and include FREE and insured shipping labels for your convenience.
A smaller box for hard scrap also available: 12 x 4 x 2
Please include a Refining Payment Preference Form with your shipment. This completed form, available on our website, will expedite the processing of your refining shipment.
If you are unable to print the form, please include a note with your refining that includes contact name, company name, address, phone number, approximate weight and description of your material, assay and what settlement option or product you would like in return for your refining. We can also mail you the form.
Please follow these packaging guidelines:
- Double plastic bag and seal your material securely.
- Place into a secure box with a completed Refining Payment Preference Form, including AML info, or include a letter with all pertinent information (Make a copy for your records)
- Label the outside of your box clearly with your name and address or use the FREE downloadable shipping label from our website.
- Mark "RUSH" on the OUTSIDE of the BOX for RUSH SERVICE if needed (sweeps excluded). Address your shipment to: Hoover & Strong, 10700 Trade Rd., N. Chesterfield, VA 23236. No need to mark the package to anyone's attention. All packages come to our refining division.
- Drop into the mail.
If you use our FREE Shipping Label, stick the shipping label on the outside of your package and leave it with your FedEx driver or drop-off point.
Read More About Refining
- What We Refine
- Refining Payment Terms
- Refining Calculator
- Preparing Your Shipment
- Free Shipping
- Refining Settlement Options
- Analytical Services
- Get Higher Returns
- Finding Your Metal Scrap
- Buying Jewelry Scrap
- Stone Removal and Melee Sorting
- Stone Purchasing
- Green Refinery
IMPORTANT: A Refining Payment Preference Form must be filled out and enclosed with your refining material to ensure we process your lot accurately. Please complete the AML (Anti Money Laundering) portion of the form.
If you prefer not to, you must complete and submit the Online AML Form.